Peshtemal – more than 500 years of history
Peshtemal is multipurpose thin towel. It is called also Turkish Towel, Turkish Bath Towel, Hammam Towel… It is very worldwidly famous by its size, absorbency and lightweight
With its fine textures;
• Peshtemal is a practical alternative to the towel at home in your bathroom.
• It is ideal for SPAs & massage facilities. Use it as a towel or wrap after shower or as a massage cover-up.
• Peshtemal is a perfect choice for today’s active life style. Take it to gym, yoga class, pool, beach or use on your yacht. They are perfect companion for all sport activities and travel.
• Peshtemal is a chic, original and multipurpose accessory for your holiday in the sun. It will serve as a towel, a chic wrap, a pareo / sarong over a swim suit on the beach or boat or at the pool.
• Perfect, lightweight choice for travelling, camping and backpacking.
• Very practical for baby care. Use it after giving your baby a bath or while changing diapers or as a baby wrap.
• Peshtemals will make excellent accessories for your home, use it as a throw, a table cloth or picnic blanket.
• Peshtemal will be a perfect gift for your loved ones.
• Peshtemals can be utilized in many businesses; hotels, bed and breakfast businesses, leisure centres, SPAs, pools, GYM, sport/massage facilities. Your guests will like them.
Traditionnaly Peshtemal …
In old times, Peshtemal is used to cover the body in hammam or bath, or wrapped from the waist to prevent contamination of clothes while working. Peshtemal has reached to the present from the historic Turkish hammam era. It has a history of nearly six hundred years in Anatolia.
Peshtemal is a handicraft. Throughout history this Turkish towel was produced by weaving on hand looms by women in Turkey’s eastern Black Sea and Aegean regions. It has got a rich color harmony. Peshtemal is usually woven by cotton, linen or bamboo yarns.
FIRST TIME ONLY
Before initial use we recommend soaking towels in cold water over night and hang to dry. This allows the cotton fibers to bloom and begin to reach its maximum absorbency. Each machine wash will make the towel softer and more absorbent.
FOR DAILY USE
Washing in the machine at 40°. Tumble dry medium or hang to dry. Do not over dry. No bleach or fabric softener.
If threads are snagged and pulled out, simply cut the thread off. This will not damage integrity of your piece.
Tip: if you every over-dry your towels and notice a decrease in absorbency, simply repeat soaking process outlined above.